Duration: 5h 30min
In this beginner drawing course you can learn to recognize the 3-D structure of real life subjects, start to feel their volumes, learn the rules of perspective, and be able to actually draw your favorite subjects in 3D. If you’d like to create the illusion of depth on the 2-dimensional paper and make your drawings and sketches more believable to the viewer, enroll in this Drawing & Sketching in 3D course now.
Watch the Trailer
But wait, it’s cheaper in a pack – check out my How to Draw 2023 Bundle!
Who is this course for?
- beginner at drawing/sketching
- who’d like to learn 3D sketching & drawing
- no previous drawing knowledge is necessary, however it’s useful to have some basic drawing skills
- you don’t need special drawing tools to begin the course
- if you have a simple graphite pencil or a pen with some office papers, you can start learning
Day 1 – How to See Volumes?
How to recognize the 3D structure of
- a blocky subjects – a classic arch
- rounded forms – a glass of wine
- a human figure – a yoga pose
- more complex, organic forms – the lips
Learn about construction lines.
Day 1 – Assignment: analyze the 3D structure of a windmill, and make a sketch about it
Day 2 – Perspective Drawing Basics
- Projection in visual perception
- Graphical projection types
- 3D isometric projection
- 2D multiview projection
- Perspective projections
- 1-point perspective
- 2-point perspective
- 3-point perspective
- 5-point perspective
- Day 2 – Assignment: practicing perspectives
Day 3 – Basic Building Blocks
- The cube
- The cylinder
- The sphere
- The cone
- The pyramid
- Day 3 – Assignment: draw simple 3-D shapes in a 2-point perspective grid
Day 4 – Transformations
- Draw a P letter in 3D
- How to draw a coffee cup handle step by step
- How to draw rounded glass-like forms
- How to draw a donut shape
- How to draw a complex 3D form, the banana in different angles
- Day 4 – Assignment: imagine you’re drawing
Day 5 – Let’s do some sketching
- Make a sketch about a camera in 3D
- Make a sketch about a coffee cup with a spoon in 3D
- Day 5 – Assignment: 3D sketching about your favorite subject
If you’d like to take your drawing skills to the next level, enroll in this course now!
See you in my Drawing & Sketching in 3D course!
Would you save some money? Check out my How to Draw 2023 Bundle!