Duration: 3h 30min
$29.99 $12.99 (56% OFF!)
Coupon Code: DRAWING-OCT21
In this course you can learn the Fundamental Drawing Skills step by step from the very basics. By the end of the course you’ll be able to make all sorts of sketches on your own. This course is a perfect choice as your very first drawing lesson to fill in the gaps in your basic drawing skills. Let’s have some fun together!
Watch the Trailer
Who is this course for?
- absolute beginner at drawing
- having difficulties with drawing
- no previous drawing knowledge is necessary
- no special drawing equipment will be used
- we’ll be drawing with simple traditional graphite pencil on ordinary paper
Section 1) – An introduction to drawing
- drawing tools you need
- optional tools for the future
- how to hold the pencil to get a better drawing experience
- how to see the world with the eyes of the artist
Section 2) – Get to know the basic building blocks of drawing. We will develop your drawing skills making a lot of fundamental drawing exercises.
You will learn how to draw:
- straight lines
- parallel lines
- simple 2D shapes like triangles, rectangles, and squares
- circles, ovoid shapes, and ellipses
- simple 3D objects like cubes and cylinders
- develop hand coordination by connecting dots with straight and curved lines
The goal of these lessons is to gain confidence in drawing these simple elements that we will use to build up more complex objects.
- introduction to perspective drawing understanding the most frequently used 2-point and 3-point perspective
- explaining an important drawing principle called foreshortening
With this knowledge you’ll be able to draw subjects convincingly in the 3D space.
Section 3) – We’ll put the drawing skills you’ve learned into practice. We will make all sorts of sketches on real life subjects using reference photos.
We will draw:
- a chess pawn built from simple 2D shapes
- a chair by drawing straight lines using the rules of perspective
- a fish using a bunch of S-curves
- a profile portrait to practice proportions
- a chess pawn using simple shading
- a pair of glasses to practice complex curves
- a dancing human figure for an introduction to gesture drawing
- and an astronaut just for fun
At the end of the course you can check if your drawing skills have improved.
I hope you will enjoy this course as much as I did when it was created.
See you in my Basic Drawing Skills & Sketching course!